R U Smiling accepts Studentcare dental insurance
As a member of the Studentcare Discount Network, we offer select dental services for free to full-time students! Don’t miss out on your dental checkup or cleaning when you can get them for $0. Take advantage of this opportunity to maintain your oral health without any financial burden.
Students at Ryerson University receive 100% FREE dental checkup and cleaning at our office! We are part of Studentcare Discount Network, which means full-time students pay $0 for select dental services!
Key Points to Know About Your Dental Coverage
- If you visit a specialist for covered services, your reimbursement will be processed based on the equivalent General Practitioner fee.
- You’re covered for the insured portion of your Plan regardless of the dentist you choose. Our goal is to make dental care accessible and affordable for all U of T students.
- The Dental Plan offers $800 coverage for dental visits per policy year.
- The current policy year is from Sept. 1, 2022 – Aug. 31, 2023.
- The Plan covers 60% to 80% of your dental costs.
- The insured portion of your Dental Plan pays a percentage of the recommended fee for covered services, based on the Provincial Dental Fee Guide for General Practitioners (in the province where the service was performed).
University of Toronto
|Insurance Covers (2)||Studentcare Dental Network Reduction (4)|
|Examinations and x-rays (2)||70%||+ 30%|
Basic Preventive Services and Basic Oral Surgery
|Preventive Scaling and Polishing (2)||70%||+ 30%|
|Periodontics (2) (gum treatments)||70%||+ 20%|
Basic Restorative Services
|Recall exam package||1 per 12 months|
|Annual Maximum||$800 per policy year|
|Insurance Company||Desjardins Insurance|
|Policy Year||September 1 – August 31|
1 Percentage of Provincial Dental Fee Guide for General Practitioners (in the province where service was performed).
2 Recall oral examinations, polishing, and fluoride treatment are covered once per 12 months. Bitewing x-rays are covered once per 9 months. Oral hygiene instruction is covered once per 12 months. A complete exam (sometimes called a new patient exam) is only covered once per 5 years. Periodontal scaling is covered up to 2 units per policy year.
3 Amalgam, tooth-coloured filling restorations, and temporary sedative fillings are covered.
4 Discounts applicable to treatments administered by members of Studentcare Dental Network
For full information, please visit: